See you from 14 to 16 October 2021 in Liège for the first UNIC CityLabs Festival!
The International UNIC CityLabs Festivals are 3-day events that engage with all UNIC staff and students as well as all UNIC Associate Partners and local communities to generate a European learning community, share expertise and co-develop new approaches on the transition of post-industrial cities.
This Festival brings together citizens and actors from civil society, academia, politics and business to identify the challenges their territories are facing and to try to find sustainable solutions in order to :
- Help to better valorise public spaces for social and urban regeneration through culture ;
- Share best practice concerning social inclusion and the relations of cultural and creative spaces with their neighbourhoods ;
- Promote different cultures and multilingualism ;
- Reflect on the results of the CityLabs activities organised between May and October 2021.
In other words, the Festival is a unique opportunity to build a true UNIC community and we want you to be part of it!
- The opening of the Festival will take place on the 14th of October in the evening.
- On the 15th of October different roundtables and workshops related to different aspects of the transition of post-industrial cities : migration and inclusion, third places as a vector of inclusion in a post-industrial city in transition, ageing well in post-industrial cities, urban resilience, etc. We will close the day with the « CityLabs Nights »!
- On the 16th of October the UNIC alliance and its partners have planned a large number of activities for you : thematic walks on the industrial past of Liège, on migrations and on edible plants in the city, UNIC exhibitions & visits of museums, workshops related to the protection of the environment, film screenings and theatrical performance!
We are organizing a hybrid festival with both, a physical and virtual programming!
The physical events will take place in the city center of Liège, however some events are also going to be organised in our partner cities (UCC Community Week).
You will find all information on the program of our Festival by clicking here.
Please note that all events are free but that some require a reservation.